Marketers hammer on these two aspects of promoting a business. I have met many smart entrepreneurs who love what they do, but yet haven’t found a way to show a potential customer why they should be the one they choose.
Here are some ways to help determine what problem you solve, or what need you fulfill:
- Does your product or service make your customer wealthy, successful, secure? Does it bring him love or acceptance?
- Does it make her life easier? Simpler?
- Does it help him save time? Save money?
- Is it convenient?
- Does your product or service free her from anything?
- Can your product or service make her feel good about herself or responsible? Does she feel like she’s made a smart choice?
These are a few key motivators to buyer behavior. You want to dig deep when it comes to what your product or service can do for a customer. If you know your target audience well, identify the areas they struggle with, and then position your product or service as THE perfect solution, there’s a good chance you’ll get them onboard.
But it first starts with identifying a target and then, getting to know them.